Saturday, September 20, 2014

Can't Help Falling in Love

I never knew that 140 characters could change my life forever. 


It all started with a blog. A blog that made me laugh, made me think, and inspired me. What I thought would just be an add on Twitter for some giggles and some motivation to change myself turned into the start of something I did not think possible. Tweets became texts, texts became calls, and calls became Skype video chats. It scared me how much I loved the man I had never met in person and felt I never deserved. On December 6, 2013, after nearly a year and a half since that first little tweet, we both took a leap of faith and he flew 5,000 miles across the world to meet me. Instantly I knew how happy we would be together.

Our addition to the Seattle Gum Wall from the first time we met
We spent those first three weeks getting to know each other and falling in love for a second time - this time in person. It sounded crazy to my friends and family; meeting someone on Twitter by chance, meeting up with them, officially becoming a couple, and learning how deep our love for each other went.

Love of my life
Since that first meeting almost 10 months ago I have been lucky enough to spend 9 weeks in person with the man I love. In that 9 weeks I have learned more about myself, love and life than I ever thought possible. This man makes me want to be a better person, not for him but for myself. He makes me belief in myself, has shown me that love really does exist, makes me want to be a better partner, and has been a light in my life that is finally helping me work through issues I can barely admit that I have. I don't think he even realizes how much he does for me but I hope he can sense how much I love and appreciate him. 

So here is blog #1 to keep track of this crazy journey I have been thrown into with one little tweet. I want a place to remember our adventures, deal with the inevitable changes in both of our lives, and a place to grow - for myself and for him. 

1 comment: