Sunday, December 7, 2014

Anniversary

Wow...it has been a whole year since I met Tim in person and a whole year since he officially became my boyfriend. Time has flown by but gone so slowly at the same time.

The time in between our visits (usually between 2-3 months) drags on for what seems like forever. It feels horrible when I look at the time that has passed, see a number like 41 days, and then realize less than half the time apart has passed. Sometimes I feel our time apart is playing in slow motion, dragging out as long as possible.

Then I look at the past year and am amazed at how quickly time has gone and how much we have experienced together. In the past year we have traveled and seen the sights in Seattle, Southampton, London, Paris, Bath, San Francisco, Victoria, the Olympic Peninsula, and soon to be Hawaii. We've seen baseball, soccer, and football games, gone to the ballet, gone kayaking, and have had amazing adventures together. The great thing about spending time apart is that when we are together we make the most of every minute and really live our lives to the fullest.

I have learned so much about him and myself in this past year. Tim amazes me each day with how sweet, funny, smart and everything else that he is. He has taught me to be a better person and strive for greatness for myself and my relationship.

My favorite thing is that I have learned in the past year that when it is right, it is right. Of course being in a long distance relationship has it hard moments, but with Tim it just works. I never feel burdened with trying to make it work. I can explain in a thousand ways why we are compatible and why it works but the bottom line is that I know. I know we were meant to be.

Happy Anniversary, Tim. Here is to many, many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment